Tuesday 22 February 2011

Travelling Triumph

LONDON HEATHROW TO NEW ZEALAND


New Zealand is not what i expected. Landscape views, hiking and skydives.It's safe to say it wasn't a very 'me' place. I only booked to go with STA because my travel agent said i wouldn't want to spend four months in Australia doing my route. So i opted to pay the extra and go, for something different. And boy was it different.
I had never seen anything to beautiful. It's split into North and South Island. Four Million people live in NZ, one million in Auckland (North Island and Capital) alone, only another one million live on the very secluded South Island, which makes it even more beautiful and untouched. 
It also lead me to my boyfriend Tom. Little did we know with our universities planned he would be going to Portsmouth to study Geography, and being a Croyden LAD still not too far from home. This picture is my favourite of all time. It's the Cook Mountains behind and i took it oh-so-quickly before we had to depart for Christchurch.
NZ is a magical place and as much as i love it, i'm not sure if i would be able to return. The experience and the people that i met were incredible, i'm not sure going the second time around, it would be able to live up to my high expectations.



No comments:

Post a Comment